Cleaning your AirPods charging case is key to keeping your AirPods performing and looking their best. It is ever so easy for your fingers to make them grubby. The next thing you know, dirt and grime has built up around your case. Whether you use them for music, podcasts, audiobooks or calls, all that usage is the prime time for them to accumulate some gunk. Not to mention ear wax!
What You Will Need To Clean Your AirPods Charging Case
With the Mous Master Guide, we will show you how to eliminate bacteria so your wireless charging case looks and feels fresh. To get started, you will need some basic equipment:
- Soft cloth, such as a scratch-free microfiber cloth found in a glasses case
- Secondary soft cloth
- 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipe (optional)
- Cotton swabs
- Soft bristle toothbrush
As for your AirPods case cover, if it is made from leather, avoid cleaning solutions that contain bleach and harmful or irritating liquids.
How Often Should I Clean AirPods?
This all depends on use. Those who use and wear AirPods a lot will have to care for them more. If you only use them a minimal amount, let’s say for a few hours a week, you can get by with a more relaxed maintenance approach. Whereas if AirPods are glued to your ears, a regular clean would be advised. Debris and dirt can quickly build up, especially around gaps in the lid of the case, and speaker grilles. The latter could reduce sound quality!
It is recommended that you give them a once over weekly with a cotton swab and cloth. As with smartphones, the charging port often attracts dust and lint can become trapped. Therefore, you should sweep out debris here every few weeks or so too. More so if AirPods accompany your workouts as sweat and moisture needs to be dealt with before it causes any potential damage.
Step By Step Guide For Cleaning Your AirPods Charging Case
Our expert tips will have your AirPods case clean in no time. Just follow these straightforward steps to get them looking fresh again:
- First things first. Open your protective AirPods charging case and remove the AirPods.
- Close the lid and give the case a preliminary wipe down with a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Dampen the cloth to remove tough grime or marks.
- If you have a case to protect the AirPods charging case, then you can clean this too - just repeat steps 2 and 3.
- If the case exterior is particularly filthy, you can apply a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipe to its surface for a more effective clean.
- Open the lid. Use a soft cotton swab or fine, soft-bristled toothbrush to rid the hinge and ridge of any dirt or debris.
- To clean the casing interior, carefully and gently insert a cotton swab to extract and rid the charging ports of muck or wax.
- Use a new cotton swab to reach the corners and difficult to reach parts of the cover to remove any dirt build up.
- When both case and cover are clean, you can reapply your protective shell and replace your AirPods.
- Finally, give them one last going over with a fresh, soft cloth.
Please remember that depending on your case, whether it be clear, leather, silicone etc, a different approach and equipment may be necessary to clean properly.
Don’t forget to follow our instructions on how to clean your phone case too!
How Not To Clean Your Airpods Charging Case
If you do not have any of the above equipment at home, you should definitely not try and make do with other household alternatives. They could do more harm than good!
- Do not use bleach to clean your AirPods.
- Avoid letting any moisture get into any openings, charging port, or speaker mesh.
- Do not run or submerge your AirPods, Pros, or charging case underwater or in any solutions.
- Avoid the use of any sharp objects.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners or cloths so you do not scratch anything.
- Do not use household or window cleaners, cleaners that include hydrogen peroxide, aerosols or solvent substances.
- Refrain from utilising compressed air for cleaning purposes.
You should not attempt to use your AirPods or the charging case until both items are fully clean and dry.
Keep Your AirPods Charging Case Safe With Mous
Not only will our leather AirPods cases protect your AirPods from harmful damage and scratches, but they can also help keep your charging case cleaner too. Our leather covers slip perfectly around the case providing a snug and secure fit. With such coverage, a Mous case means your charger itself can come into less contact with bacteria, dirt, and germs. We thoroughly recommend that you clean both protective cover, charging case, and the AirPods regularly.
Dropping phones from 45ft cranes and out of helicopters was where it all began. We found that slim cases were ineffective and did not really protect your phone whereas those deemed tough and secure were chunky and unaesthetic. That is why we made it our mission to craft phone cases that are protective and beautiful. After vigorous tests on market leading devices and models, and thousands of prototypes later, a record-breaking crowd-funding campaign turned the Mous dream into reality.
Psst! Take 15% off your next order with code MOUSBLOG15